64-bit Linux Downloads
If you find this software to be useful to you, please consider making a donation according to your means to help me continue to put in long hours, supporting and developing the software.
Some software developers call this coffee money in that, a donation of about 5 GBP is about the same as buying me a couple of cups of coffee. I think that this method is much better than requiring a user to buy a licence in order to have all of the features of the software. Whatever you decide to do, I hope that you enjoy using the software in a Linux environment.
If you would like to donate, please click on the donate button below.
All software on this site has been written by Nicola Amanda Mackin FRAS.
The downloading and or use of this software means that the downloader and or user agrees to abide by this agreement. The software is provided on an AS IS basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including fitness for any particularpurpose. In no event shall the copyright holder be liable for any damages of any kind, whether in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the software, its use, or any other dealings with the software.
In plain words, you use this software entirely at your own risk and you agree that the copyright holder provides no warranty of any kind and will not be liable in any way for anything arising from the use of the software. The software may not be redistributed, repackaged or sold. If you do not agree with this agreemen, then you do not have permission to download or use the software.
AstroDMx Capture for Linux
AstroDMx Capture - Version 0.64.4
The latest version of AstroDMx Capture for Linux is 0.64.4. The software is distributed in three alternative packages and can be downloaded by clicking the links below.
0.64.x is a major update to the previous versions of AstroDMx. In addition to DSLR tethering support, there has been a significant rewrite of performance critical sections of the application. These changes have been designed to takes better advantage of multi-core CPUs and powerful GPUs. Something in the order of 8,000 lines of code have been refactored or completely rewritten and as a result, AstroDMx should achieve higher frame rates on older or slower computers.
As version 0.64.x has such significant changes, there is the possibility of bugs or other anomalies. If you encounter problems, then please report them to the developer.
For more information about 0.64.x, please refer to the changelog.
- The changelog for all versions can be found on the changelog page
- If you are having problems running AstroDMx, then please visit: the help page
- astrodmx_capture version 0.64.4 (x86-64) - Debian Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.64.4 (x86-64) - RPM Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.64.4 (x86-64) - Manual Installer
The manual installer's tarball contains a readme file which explains how to install the software. The RPM and DEB can be installed in the usual way (either via the GUI or via the command-line). If the options to start AstroDMx Capture do not appear in the system's menus then logout and log back in.
The previous version of AstroDMx Capture for Linux is 0.64.1 and can be downloaded from the following links.
- astrodmx_capture version 0.64.1 (x86-64) - Debian Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.64.1 (x86-64) - RPM Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.64.1 (x86-64) - Manual Installer
All previous versions of AstroDMx Capture for Linux are held for historical reasons. The older versions can be downloaded from the following links.
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.11 (x86-64) - Debian Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.11 (x86-64) - RPM Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.11 (x86-64) - Manual Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.9 (x86-64) - Debian Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.9 (x86-64) - RPM Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.9 (x86-64) - Manual Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.4 (x86-64) - Debian Installer (DEB)
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.4 (x86-64) - RPM Installer (RPM)
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.4 (x86-64) - Manual Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.1 - Debian Installer (DEB)
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.1 - RPM Installer (RPM)
- astrodmx_capture version 0.50.1 - Manual Installer
- astrodmx_capture version 0.10.2.0 - Debian Installer (DEB)
- astrodmx_capture version 0.10.2.0 - RPM Installer (RPM)
- astrodmx_capture version 0.10.2.0 - Manual Installer
- astrodmx_capture-0.9.11-18 (Manual Installer)
- astrodmx_capture-0.9.11-15 (Manual Installer)
The latest version of AstroCrop for Windows and Linux is 1.0 and can be downloaded by clicking the following link.
Aspect Ratio Corrector
The latest version of Aspect Ratio Corrector for Windows is 1.0 and can be downloaded by clicking the following link. Although there is no native Linux version, the Windows version runs perfectly under Wine.
ZWO USB2 Cameras
There are various issues with the ZWO ASI120MC USB2 camera running under Linux. These issues are not caused by AstroDMx Capture but are due to this camera having an invalid max packet size. These issues do not affect ZWO USB 3 cameras. For more information about these issues, visit the Technical help page
Disabling and then re-enabling the histogram occasionally creates UI residue. If this problem becomes evident, the residue can be removed by slightly resizing the control area . This will be fixed in a future release.
Versions 0.50.x and below
If multiple camera controls are changed during a long exposure then the last control will take effect, all others will be cancelled. For example, if the user changes the exposure to one minute and then immediately changes the gain, then the exposure control will be cancelled. To avoid this issue, change one control and wait for the exposure to complete.